Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Menu
[Document Version: 4.00]
[Last Updated: 9/23/97]
The format of this menu was changed such that even a printed version
displays the FULL URL's to remote (and local) documents. This was
only partially true for the old version...
- Christopher Burian's LCD MODULE TECHNICAL REFERENCE
- Scott M. Bruck's LCD PHYSICS & PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION FAQ
Or you can get a text version from URL:
- Various LCD (PROGRAMMING & PINOUTS) INFORMATION
- Erik Nordin's Specs for HD44780-based LCDs
- Ian Harries' Hitachi LM018L LCD module FAQ & HD44780 info (R)
- Peer Ouwehand's How to control HD44780-based Character-LCD (R)
- Chris Hirsch's LCD Info (R)
- Jeff Sampson's Graphic LCD Controller Info
- digitized datasheets on 6963 and SED1330, sample ASM code,
and much more. (R)
- Dave Negro's 68HC11 code for LCDs (R ~10KB)
- International Liquid Crystal Society (R)
- LCD Technical Forum (R) MUST VISIT!
- Ben's LCD Status Display for Linux (R)
- David Tait's Borland C++ code to test HD44780 from Parallel Port (R)
- Pete Dunster's LCD/Keypad extension board for the F1 Controller. (R)
- firstname.lastname@example.org notes that "Man and Machine" at 301-341-4900 is
"... the ultimate source for pinouts etc. for lcd modules" (especially
the graphical types from notebooks)
- If you need a graphical (color or monochrome) LCD which can be EASILY
interfaced to a PC, you are advised to visit Earth Computer Technologies'
Home Page [http://www.flat-panel.com]
They are one of a handful of companies that deals with surplus displays
and turn-key and affordable solutions for the average Joe!
- Alan Triggs' Touchscreen Hardware FAQ
Please Note that this FAQ covers the BASIC HARDWARE not
applications. If you wish to find a turnkey system, search for
'+touchscreen +kiosk' on, say, www.altavista.digital.com.