This may be an issue where a set was repaired but with a blemish that you
didn't think was there before.
|NotTaR of Television Sets : Origin of burn spot/line on projection s..
1994-2007, Samuel M. Goldwasser. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of this document in whole or in part is permitted if both of the following conditions are satisfied: 1. This notice is included in its entirety at the beginning. 2. There is no charge except to cover the costs of copying.
I may be contacted via the Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ (www.repairfaq.org) Email Links Page.
<< Liquid coupling fluid for.. |
| Blue focus different for .. >>
(From: JURB6005 (email@example.com).)
- If you fire a projection set up with one yoke disconnected AND the yoke
windings are in series, unless you are quick, you will have a horizontal
line burnt in all three tubes.
- The shop may have been less than 100% competent, and even if they were 100%
competent, it could have happened at the actual time of the failure, before
they ever saw it.
- If the set was fired up by ANYONE with any of the yokes disconnected, the
vertical blanking circuit should have cut off ALL beam current, preventing
the burning of the CRT screens. Two exceptions apply;
- YOU were already watching the TV with a fault, or the burn happened
really quickly and you didn't notice the spot.
- The technician turned up the G2 to the point where it overrode the